
Joined my Dad for a very enjoyable day of fishing the inter coastal waterway at Vero Beach. We spent the day with Charter Captain Gary Rhinehart (www.pro-out.com). According to Gary the Indian is technically not a river but a tidal marsh estuary and one of the most diverse ecosystems in North America, with over 400 species of fish including about 50 game fish. I caught a nice ladyfish on a flyrod. They are very aggressive acrobatic fish that are fun to catch. We also landed snook, catfish, blowfish, and sea trout. Of note, Gary tied his flies on the tippet using a loop knot identical to the standard Rapala knot. I'll have to try this back home. We used live shrimp on a small chartreuse jig when spin casting. Two days later George and I took his new flats friendly boat out for a trial run and I caught a nice spotted sea trout. The best part though was fishing with Dad again. We have developed a special bond having fished together now for nearly 60 years. The enjoyment we both get from this cannot be adequately described.
Weather: 75 degrees, sunny, windy

No comments:
Post a Comment