
After a brief stint on the Rogue, Brian showed me the way to Cedar Creek to try a seldom fished stretch behind his folks' old house off Algoma Road. I had heard reports of 14" Brookies being caught there, and to look at the stream I can see why it could hold decent fish. Although small, there are some nice holes. It is marginal for fly fishing, but I gave it my best shot as nightfall rapidly approached. At one point I managed to fall while stepping down into a grassy marsh next to the creek, tossing my glasses into the muck and reeds. We were lucky to find the spectacles, but not so lucky finding fish and Brian was getting antsy as his guiding skills were on the line. My last cast produced the sandwich size Brown pictured above taken on a small streamer. Relieved, Brian escorted me out through the darkness.
No comments:
Post a Comment